- Madhubani painting is one of the many famous Indian folk-art forms. This popular art of the Mithila region expresses the creativity and sensitivity of its people.
- This painting is done with a variety of tools, including fingers, twigs, brushes, nib-pens, and matchsticks and using natural dyes and pigments.
- It is mostly practiced by women in the villages who have passed this art to their daughters through multiple generations.
- They paint pictures of nature and mythology to depict different events like birth, marriage, and cycles of life.
- Wipe it with a soft dry cloth for upkeep.