- Express your sibling love with these stunning ‘Handcrafted Kashmiri Papier Mache Rakhi’ this year.
- The Rakhi’s have colorful threads attached to them.
- Rakhi’s have high quality strong thread so can be worn throughout the year.
- These are Ecofriendly Rakhi’s which are Handcrafted by Kashmiri Artisans.
- These exquisite Rakhi’s have been hand painted by Kashmiri artists drawing inspiration from their beautiful legacy of art.
- Papier mache is a delicate decorative art that was introduced in the 15th Century during the reign of Badshah Zain-ul-Abedin in Kashmir. The art born in the land of Persia was highly favoured by the Mughal Emperors of the 15th and 16th Centuries.
- This unique craft involves the use of paper pulp for creating beautiful artifacts exquisitely painted by expert craftsmen. The colours for painting designs on the surface are obtained by grinding and soaking various vegetable mineral dyes in pigment or stone form.
- The final product is a beautiful art work that is actually the collective handiwork of many talented hands. The strong aesthetic sensibilities and heightened creative talent are inherent in the craftsmen of this region.
- The motifs of this art are usually in the form of flowers and birds, with a strong Persian flavor.